Welcome Guest

"We really don't care about the conference tournament".

Posted on: March 13, 2011 at 11:50:31 CT
TigerJW MU
Member For:
8.64 yrs
Level:
User
M.O.B. Votes:
Great quote from Bill SElf, just after KU beat CU on FRiday. He was asked about the game, and he commented on how well CU played, and how "stupid" KU play down the stretch when they blew the big lead they had.

Then he said that the 7 straight was nice, but that "We really don't care about that; the NCAA Tourney is what really matters."

I think there is something that we can all read into there, and I think we need to be more focused on. Winning the Big 12 shouldn't be that important. Would it be great? Sure.

There is 1 priority for Self and his teams: Win big in March. That is all that matters, and that is the only measure of true success.

I think this summarizes a lot of our hoops fans that could care less about whether we win the B12 regular season or tournament.

Play solid, consistent, fundemental hoops, and have yourself in a position to get a good tourney seed and play well there.

If the consistency is there, the players are disciplined and play together, all the hardware will eventually come with it.

I just think we get too concerned with wanting to win the Big 12. I'd take 10 years without winning the Big 12 for 2-3 Final Four berths.
Win free doughnuts delivered to your Mizzou vs. Kentucky tailgate!
Report Message

Please explain why this message is being reported.

Handle:
Password:
Subject:

MESSAGE THREAD

"We really don't care about the conference tournament". - TigerJW MU - 3/13 11:50:31
     Oh any day--all MU fans would do just about anything to get - Beakerbasher KC - 3/13 12:22:38
          RE: Oh any day--all MU fans would do just about anything to get - TigerJW MU - 3/13 12:23:45
          6 of last 10 - MizzouClone ISU - 3/13 12:16:39
               Basically - NO correlation between winning conf tournament - MizzouClone ISU - 3/13 12:24:52
                    RE: Basically - NO correlation between winning conf tournament - bobbileedham MU - 3/13 13:05:56
                         That is definitely a better point. The higher the seed, - MizzouClone ISU - 3/13 13:34:39
                    RE: Basically - NO correlation between winning conf tournament - TigerJW MU - 3/13 12:26:50
               RE: 6 of last 10 - TigerJW MU - 3/13 12:19:24

©2017 Fanboards L.L.C. — Our Privacy Policy   About Tigerboard